Oy! It’s 2015!
Christmas and New Year celebrations came and went, and suddenly it’s the second week of January. This month is typically filled with resolutions and fitness centers become jam-packed with people trying to better themselves. I am happy/frustrated to say that I am not one of those people. Happy because I know how obnoxious those “resolutions people” can be and frustrated because that means I am not working out! I wish with all my might that I could be hogging a treadmill or obviously misusing a weight lifting machine. My body has decided that the anticipation of the holiday season was too stressful and my immune system surrendered to the cold and all of my pre-k kids at work. My symptoms began the night before Christmas Eve and have been shifting to new parts of my body since. Headaches, sinus pressure, cold, chills, cough, unmentionable bathroom issues and oh so much more have followed me into this glorious new year. However, I do feel that I am slowly approaching the end of this dizzying illness, and will hopefully be stopping at the gym after work, for at least two weeks. I mean let’s not kid ourselves — working out sucks. After a day of WORKING why would I want to go WORKout? Didn’t I just finish my workday? I want nothing to do with the work word after 5pm. I want to put on my husband’s sweats, sit on the couch, eat a hearty meal of mac & cheese and watch everything Netflix has to offer. I know what you’re thinking, “PREACH SISTER!!!” Obviously, I want to be healthy but why is it such a pain in the ass?
That being said, I really took my time with coming up with resolutions that I could live with, that I wouldn’t break and that were realistic for me.
1. I want to be healthier. I will never work out five days a week, yet every year I tell myself to and I never make it through the first week. So this year I want to treat my body better. I want to work out more than I currently do, put better foods into my body and drink more water because, really, it’s not that difficult!
2. I want to be more organized. For the last year, my husband and I have been living in his parent’s basement. While we have been spoiled, (free 2200 square foot apartment!) we have been a bit lax on keeping up with the organization. We have a storage unit for this that we really shouldn’t need right now (kitchen stuff, extra furniture…) but the things in the apartment have grown and our old things have gone untouched and that most likely means we don’t need them anymore!
3. I want to read 12 books this year. I stole this resolution from Essie Button (check her out, she is amazing!) This doesn’t mean that I will read 12 books and then stop, this just means that I want to read at least one book a month. I love to read and I feel like as I’ve gotten older other things become more important than sitting down with a good book. I want to get back into the habit of making time to relax and get lost in another world.
4. I want to take more pictures. I LOVE photography! It brings me so much joy and, again, life has taken over and my time has focused on other things. I will get back at it!
5. I want to commit to blogging/other internet aspects. I really enjoy blogging, not only writing them, but reading them too. I love seeing what other people are up to and how they are handling this crazy thing we call life. I am looking into some other aspects of blogging or vlogging but I’m not 100% sure I can handle all that craziness! We will see 🙂
6. I want to be more creative. This one sort of ties into taking more pictures and committing to blogging, but in addition to those two resolutions I want to scrapbook more, create art, decorate my living space, and just basically spice up some bland areas in my life.
7. I want to spend less money. My husband is so happy about this one! As I have grown up, finished college, got married and am now at the early stages of buying a house (by early I mean we’re at the point where we are saying “hey, we should move someday) I need more money than I currently have. I am going to wear the clothes that I currently own and use up the products that are filling up my bathroom cabinet. This resolution will help my overall goal of spending less money, organizing and will also be helping me have to pack less crap when we do actually move!
So there you go, those are my resolutions! What are some of your resolutions?